10.15.2007

First Wedding Mini-Crisis Averted

For some reason, probably paper procrastination, I felt compelled to take another gander at my gown today. I can't explain it, but I had to. So, I hopped on the website, pulled up the dress from my favorites and ogled for a minute before I realized that there were now comments on the dress. Ooooh! I love knowing what other people think about things like this. So, I started with the oldest comment and, about three comments into the page, I read this one:

I love it! I searched everywhere for it, like the other woman said- if you love it get it NOW!! It is being retired. I cant wait, i try it on like every day.
Now, I don't panic over comments like this. Okay, so the dress is being retired. It's not the end of the world, I thought as I perused the rest of the comments. All of them said the same thing.
"I'll just find another gown." I thought as I browsed through the new additions to the website.
But, as I continued searching the pages, nothing was jumping off the page begging me to look more. The longer I looked, the more I began to realize that this was my dress. There is not another dress for me. I'm too attached to this dress and have been since I tried it on this summer. So, this let me with several ways of approaching the problem.
  1. Sell $700 worth of plasma and run spastically through the bridal stores in the Dallas area until I found one in a size near my own. I can hope that the size is close enough to alter when the time comes.
  2. Apply for immediate credit card and dash to bridal store this weekend. Buy whatever is in stock, regardless of size.
  3. Wait patiently until mom shows up in several months, explain situation and buy then. Okay, so I have to still hope that the dress is in the appropriate size when it comes time to have the alterations done.
  4. Curl up in cozy chair, set tea on coffee table, and Google with fingers crossed.
Well, I chose the last option. It sounded like the best idea for my current situation. The reason for this is that I really don't want to buy the gown this early. I'm hoping to be a size smaller (at least) when I start alterations. So, if I can wait, I would rather. Now, in addition to this, I want my mothers (yes, both of them) the chance to see the gown before I buy it. Sure, if the store doesn't have it at the time, I understand. But I want the option.

Guess what I found on Google. A different designer makes the same gown. Yeah! But that's not all. This designer makes the same gown and I can add an extra foot to the train (an idea I like), rush the delivery, pay for overnight shipping, and still save close to $200. And, if I don't want to do it this way, there are four stores in the area that carry the designer, so I can check with them and see if they can order it. So, crisis averted. Now, it's time to sit back enjoy my tea and see if they have flower girl dresses that I like.

No comments: