11.18.2007

Bridal Bouquet: More Proof of My Floral Illiteracy

Somewhere, I have a couple of aunts who were florists. At least one is turning over in her grave right now, shaking her head that I am actually writing this post. From all I've done to search for flowers, this is the best I can do so far with what I want for my bridal bouquet. I don't want a bouquet; I want a trailing bouquet (I think it's called a spray, but I'm not certain. I want roses and greenery. I ran across the term "snow white roses" today, but I don't have a picture, nor do I know if they are real or silk. Oh well, as with the previous flower posts, here goes the best of what I like and don't like. I hope my florist doesn't shoot me :)


I like the greenery in this bouquet. I think that it intersperses well with the flowers and helps add to the flow that I want in a bouquet.


I like the flowers in this one, but I'm not sure if they are winter flowers. And there's nowhere near enough greenery in the bouquet.

This is my favorite of the ones I've seen. I like the addition of the greenery (but I think that's green ribbon). Which makes me wonder if I can add some platinum ribbon to mine and make it still look okay. I'm pretty sure crimson would be out in a look like this one.

I also like how the larger flowers are not just in the top of the bouquet, but shift into the trail as well. So what I'm thinking, right now without talking to anybody about them, is that I want a bouquet like this of white flowers (we'll come up with actual flowers later), and a good bit of greenery. Perhaps some mistletoe (if it looks right) and maybe some holly berries (but I'm not really sure of the color or even if I have the right idea of blending flowers in my head. Don't know. I have to talk to the experts and they won't be here for a month. Besides, I have papers to write! Ah. Back to the real world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I understand what you are getting at and it sounds lovely!You need to talk to my moms friend Peachy - she will hook you up!