4.21.2008

Now, to Organize Some Thoughts

Well, I have my list of questions out of the way. Now, I need to contemplate a bit of post-semester organization so that I'll be out of the starting gate as soon as finals are over and I've had a good night's sleep.

Things to do ASAP

  • Get fabric swatches from David's (if possible)
  • Get ribbon mailed to Mom for the weekend "discussion"
Before Leaving for Home
  • Send Save the Date cards
  • Register for wedding gifts
  • Call the park about what they allow in the reception hall and what they provide. Also find out if they could take a donation of trees.
While at Home
  • Plan to see the park and scout around town for good places to include in the guide
  • Visit the Chamber of Commerce for information on the area
  • Make arrangements to visit the Minster and discuss the ceremony
  • Discuss details with the Moms
  • Discuss the itinerary for the weekend and make sure everybody has a copy of this
  • Tell the parents where we're registered so that they can pass on the word
  • Talk with photographers and videographers
  • Answer questions on the list (if possible and still needed)
  • Go shopping for Moms' dresses and take them to see Bridesmaids' dresses if needed
  • Decide who is willing and capable of taking care of some details over the next few months
  • Discuss wording of the invitations (who is hosting, etc)
  • Discuss welcome baskets and ideas for contents
Keep in mind that this is the hopeful plan for the week that we're there. If it doesn't get done in the time we're there, we'll figure it out. Alright, it's on paper (so to speak). I'm off to bed.

No comments: