5.12.2008

Reception Food Decisions

The other night, we accidentally made a decision on food for the reception. I say accidentally because we were thinking only of the fabulous party we were at and the celebration at hand. Then, Donna pulled the nights enchiladas out of the oven, settled them on the stove beside the cream(ish) corn, and it was as though Mike and I had met our "soulfoods." So, here's what we're planning (in keeping with the western theme for the reception)

5 different forms of enchiladas (one spicy and one plain on each one) or some variant of these types:

  • Cheese, onion and green chile peppers
  • Chicken, cheese, onion, and peppers
  • Steak and onion
  • Steak, onion, and peppers
  • Plain cheese (for the kids and those with bad digestive problems)
With that, I'm thinking we can serve a salad, possibly a tortilla soup (but I'm not sure about that part yet) and the creamed corn that we had the other night (which is so simple to make--corn, cream cheese and peppers).

We're still planning on doing the cheesecake for dessert and a combination of soft drinks, tea, water, and this great punch we had at another of Donna's parties (are you noticing a theme here?)

We've got plates and the serving dishes (thanks to the leftovers from Cathy's wedding) but I still need to check on a punchbowl and figure out the soft drinks, ice, tea logistics. But, other than that, I think we have the food part of this figured out.

Oh yes, we still have to see if we can find a baker/cheesecake maker. It's time to hit my mom up for one of her old friends :)

More to come. We've made a lot more decisions, but I find them easier to refresh myself on when they're posted individually.

No comments: