10.26.2008

Clearing the Brain of Some Wedding Stuff

  • We're getting our rings sized on Thursday. The salesperson at Zales told us we can do it without a problem most likely. We'll find out for sure on Thursday.
  • Mike's getting fitted for his tux on Thursday as well (finally). Now all I have to do is get him to call his brother and remind him. Also, I need to make sure he gets our flower girl's shoe size when he calls.
  • Invitations are being printed this week, so they should be in the mail by the end of next week.
  • I have to mail the bridesmaids dresses this week. If I don't--off with my head!
  • I need to post a full list of the reception food because I feel like I'm leaving out one thing or another every time I think about it.
  • I've decided to go with plain scrapbooking paper (white and possibly silver depending on what I can find) for the wedding day. I'll cut the pieces into halves or quarters and leave it in the lobby in lieu of a guest book. This gives me the chance to get all of the guests to write us a note, but it takes a lot of pressure off me to find an appropriate scrapbook before the wedding.
  • I still need to coordinate the morning-after brunch.
  • Sixpence, anybody?
If I can get past the scheduling and logistics behind the blood tests and the marriage license, all of this is small potatoes. I know we can have the blood tests done locally, but we may have to leave an extra day early to make sure we can legally get married on the wedding day. Pesky rules. It bothers me that even if we get tested and certified in TX, we still have to take the results to a Mississippi Health Department to have them re-certified there. But, I think that's what we'll be doing because there is no clear mention of how long it takes to get the results back if we have the tests done in MS. This means that we would have to plan a separate trip up just for blood tests. There's no wiggle room in either of our schedules for this. Ugh.

No comments: