So, I've been procrastinating a paper I'm working on (again). But, it was pretty productive. We decided to do candy favors in cute little silver tins. The tins came with the huge, stickers for the clear top, but I had something a bit better in mind. We picked up absolutely adorable little cowboy boot and hat stickers at Hobby Lobby a few months ago (they went on our Save the Date cards and will go on our invitation). Essentially, they are the first preview the guests have of the wedding before they even open the envelope. Well, I overestimated and bought way too many. But I decided to add some of the left over stickers as the decor on our cute favor tins. So, I spent the night putting tiny stickers on 90 tin lids. Alone, they look like this
Unfortunately, the stickers don't photograph all that easily. So, I dug up some candy we have around the house and tried desperately to get a similar picture of the tins with candy in them. For some reason, all of my pictures came out blurry. But, I did manage to get this decent picture of the tin standing up with candy in it. You'll have to use your imagination and pretend it's sitting flat on a table.
We're putting Chilli Milli's in the tins. They're chili flavored soft candies. Think gummi bears. Only, in the shape of little chili peppers. This is what the individual candies look like (out of the package)
Mike wants to put the chili milis (in the package) into the tin with a mint. I may have to talk him into individual candies. We'll see once we get the candy in--a bit closer to the wedding.
I do have to admit that it makes me laugh to see how personalized this wedding is actually getting. I never would have thought that I had a bride inside my head just waiting to be released!
10.26.2008
Party Favor Head Start
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment