3.24.2008

A Flower Decision in the Making

Well, after much conversing, we have finally turned the floral ideas over to the florist with a few guidelines. We've decided on a few things and are leaving the rest of the idea grooming to the florist for now. But here are the tentative decisions we've made.

  • Bouquets will be gardenias. I want crimson gardenias for the bridesmaids in an over-arm bouquet with white or silver (I haven't decided) ribbons around the stalks. For my bouquet, I want white gardenias with either silver or crimson (again, indecisive) around the stalks.
  • Corsages and boutonnières will be gardenias also.
  • For the actual decor, we know that we want a Christmas tree on either side of the altar with silver and crimson balls. I don't know about lights, yet. We may have them, but leave them off until the reception. We want to move the trees into the reception, but I don't know yet where we should put them.
Sadly, that is all the decisions we've come to about flowers at this time. We'll know more in April when the creative people get together. But if you have ideas for reception decor, aisle decor, or anything else we're missing, PLEASE let us know.

Sorry for the lack of visual aids. We've managed to find two things that just are not in pictures online. I guess we're really going against the grain here!

No comments: