7.26.2008

Head Table

Last week I ordered these amazing bouquet holders for the head table. My plan is to attach them to the head table for the bridal bouquets after the ceremony. I bought four--one for each of my bridesmaids and one for myself. I haven't had any "serious" visions of the tables at the reception beyond the centerpieces until now. So, let me explain what I'm thinking at this point. Here is the picture I'm using for inspiration.



Now, what I'm thinking is a bit modified from this, but similar. I have four bouquets, so they'll be a bit more spaced out. I do like the double-layered tablecloths. I was planning on single layered cloths for the other tables, but I have some satin fabric that I think would work well beneath the white fabric on the head table. I need to check and see if we have enough fabric and what kind, though, before I make final decisions. The bouquet holders come with small hooks for doing just this (in fact they are the bouquet holders used in this picture). If we choose to do this on all of the tables, I think we could get away with just adding some small tacks or clips to keep this in place.

I also like the candles on the end of the table, but I want to modify this a bit. In lieu of additional candles, I'm thinking we can reuse the unity candle from the ceremony. Somewhere near the center of the table, I'd like to put the pillar candle from our unity candle and then have the individual tapers burning somewhere near each set of parents. I have to see how this looks with the rest of our decor first, though. If so, I can reuse my unity candle holder (since it's in three pieces). Awesome! OOPS! Apparently this doesn't really "fit" with my reception decor (which is still a bit of a secret to me). So…just disregard this bit about the candles.

No comments: